Tuesday, June 15, 2010

\vā-ˈkā-shən, və-\

The phonetic pronunciation of vacation. I'm still trying to figure out what it means...I'll have to get back to you on that.

The fam and I are in currently enjoying the Show Me State ( I don't get that yet either...), Missouri, for y'all who aren't from the South. We're enjoying a few days in Branson before moving onto visiting my mom's family out in Kansas.

So far a few highlights have been driving all night through New York state. We kinda fit right in with the big dogs in our box of a van...all that was missing was the CB radio.



One of the pools at our resort is pretty cool; complete with waterfall:


Another highlight occurred last night when we went out to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. We ate with our fingers. We cheered for the North (the entire show is a competition between the North and the South). And saw crazy stuff like this:

The guy is riding (standing and straddling two horses) through a ring of fire. If that is not considered talent, I'm not sure what is.

I'm excited about going to see these guys tomorrow:


Fun stuff. Pretty cute too.


Stay tuned as we continue our 3,000+ mile journey. It aught to be good for at least a few laughs along the way!



1 comment:

Lisa Wilbur said...

Awesome photo of the ring of fire!!