Wednesday, March 24, 2010

IT came!

IT came...the thing I have been waiting on for weeks. May even my entire life. Okay, so the last one there was a little over dramatic, but hey, I'm excited.

Several years ago (give or take) my mom attended this fine institution of higher learning:


Now, I also visited this same institution of higher learning when I was getting ready to graduate high school and remember saying the words, "I don't EVER want to go here." Well, good thing I wasn't exactly serious, well I was, but...excuse me as I grab my shovel in attempt to dig myself out of the hole that I just created.

About six months ago I was compiling a list of colleges that I wanted to apply to transfer to. UMaine, Savannah Institute of Art and Design, and (drum roll please) UNH made the cut. Around the first of the year it became pretty clear that not only was UNH on my transfer list, it was my top choice.

After weeks of scouring the mailbox and surrounding snow banks for any envelope with a Durham, NH return address, the end came last Friday. In their own words, UNH is "pleased to accept you into our Dairy Management program in our College of Life Science and Agriculture."

I'm pretty sure I did a little dance. I'm also pretty sure no one was watching.

No comments: