Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Hair Raising Ordeal!

Here is a bit of a photo diary for you:

I have only ever had my hair short once in my life and that was when I spent four weeks on the continent of Africa. 'Nuff said.

I do not get my hair cut very often....like once every year and a half often. The last time I had my hair cut was exactly a year and a half ago (BIG surprise there!), and it really could not qualify as a cut, because it was really only a trim. When I had my hair "cut" a year and a half ago, I also had it permed. Here is a photo of me with it permed....I had also grown three-four inches onto my "African haircut."




Now, fast forward about three months. It is the middle of the summer in New England, which equals hot, sweaty, and humid! I work on a farm. This dictates that I work outside year round. In the summer I generally work 9-10 hour days and I'm outside the entire time. Photo example:



This generous exposure to the sun bleached the permed section of my hair, giving me a two-tone effect that I wasn't even going for! Photo example #2:



I finally became so disgusted that I agreed to let my MOTHER cut my hair, and by cut I let her hack off a good four-five inches. Special thanks to best friend and, uh, co-conspirator Lia for the following images (WARNING: I did not take these images, I did not alter them in anyway, and I certainly DID NOT see the need to capture the entire event on film, but I have a very persuasive mother...)

Saying good-bye:



SOMEONE thought it would be funny to let my sisters all give the art of hair cutting a try...on my head (sketchy idea #1) Also, notice the pleasure my mother seems to find in the whole ordeal:



Needless to say, after a few "oh-no's" and "hmm...how can I fix that's," I managed to survive and am actually quite happy with the end result:



Even Lia got bitten by the "hair bug" and got some attention out of the moment!

No comments: