Saturday, January 2, 2010

9 of 2009

With an entire fresh year in front of me, I want to take a moment to look back and list a few things that I am proud to say that I have completed in the last year.

#1) I am proud to say that I not only completed my freshman year of college, but also landed on the Dean's list both semesters.

#2) I am proud to say that I made a difference by traveling to Haiti. I am proud of the awesome photographs that I came home with, but most of all I am proud of the little boy I sponsored while I was there. It was a rewarding to meet his parents and his twin sister, who my best friend sponsored.

#3) I am proud to say that I tossed hay all summer right along with the boys, managed to keep up, and even smoked 'em on a few occasions.

#4) I am proud to say that my slightly large family and my multitude of siblings only assured me of the person I really am.

#5) I am proud to say that I cultivated meaningful relationships.

#6) I am proud to say that I helped teach 50 children under the age of 9 all about living on a farm. I spent the night with 30 of them... outside... in tents... and I lived to tell about it. 'Nuf said.

#7) I am proud to say that I learned how to harness and drive a team of Belgian draft horses.

#8) I am proud to say that I took a record number of photographs, several of which I am quite proud of.

#9) I am proud to say that in 2009 I turned over several new leaves, let myself have new and exciting experiences, and let myself be completely open to what a new year could bring.

No comments: