Friday, January 22, 2010

Confessions

Confession #1: It has been over a week since my last post. I would love to be able to come up with a million and one reasons as to why I haven't been able to post this week, but alas, I got nothin'. Sorry guys!

Confession #2: Okay. I'll admit it. I had fun. I took my five younger siblings tubing over at King Pine while Mom and Dad had a date night (complete with hired babysitter for the babies, oh la la!). We trekked over to the big town of Madison last Friday night and had a really awesome time just being together.

Some of my favorite highlights of the evening were:

Watching Erik have fun with his buddies who we met there.

Watching Kloey spin run after run. They funny thing was that when she got to the bottom, she had no trouble jumping right up and running back to the tow rope. Oy vey!

Watching Cora wrap the young guy (who was working the tubing hill and not any more than 17 or 18) around her finger. Out of the three of them who were working she found the one who gave the best pushes and milked it for all it was worth...priceless!

When we went in for a hot chocolate break, the girls asked if they could leave their hot chocolate to cool so that they could go back out to the hill. They didn't want to wait for it to cool!

In the end, we had a blast of an evening. Sadly, I didn't bring my camera, but that was on purpose. I told the kids I wouldn't hound them with my camera, but no one said anything about a camera phone!


Now, it is said that the parents also had fun on their evening out, but come on! I clearly got the better end of the deal!

No comments: