Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Unsung Heroes


I may get into a wee bit of trouble for this post, as this really isn't my news to break, but I'm not sure they would tell you, and certainly no one is prouder than I am! So here goes,

My parents both received letters in the mail today. Well, actually they received nominations. February happens to be Parent Recognition Month and my parents were selected to each receive a Parent Recognition Award. This particular award honors 28 New Hampshire parents, one for each of the 28 days of February and my parents happen to be 2 of the 28. This award is in congratulations on the admirable job parents are doing in their local schools and communities.

If anyone has modeled parenting for me, it has been my own parents. Over the last nine years, my parents have provided a loving and stable home to over 18 children, including seven sibling groups. They will be the first to tell you that is wasn't easy all of the time, but they will also be the first to stand up and say that is was all worth it. Every minute.

My parents made me who I am. There is no doubt about that. Together they form an undeniable alliance that even 8 children can't break (believe me, we've tried it!). They have lived their lives fully with strength certainly greater than their own.

I cannot think of any two people more deserving of this honor.

No comments: