Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ratios


This semester I am taking a introduction to photoshop cs4 class to be able to use photoshop for a little more than basic editing. It is such a huge program, and I only know what I have taught myself from fooling around with it. I decided I wanted to get serious so I enrolled in the class for the spring semester.

Last night was my first class. It is being taught by my photo professor who also happens to be my capstone mentor. If I'm not sick of him by the end of the semester, it may be a minor miracle (sorry, Scott!). The first class only ever consists of listening to the professor read you the syllabus, (the same syllabus you have on paper in front of you, but hey, everyone has the right to question the college student's ability to read...) and then they usually let you out after only a half an hour of used class.

Well, last night was no exception. Now, you may be wondering why I need to regale you with what seems to be very unimportant information...bear with me, there is a point!

What I found a tad bit funny last night is associated with mathematics, ratios to be exact. In all of my past classes the girl to boy student ratio has usually been around the neighborhood of 3 to 1. Well, apparently photoshop is a little different as I am only one of two girls in the class. For all of you mathematically minded people out there, that would be a 1 to 9 girl to boy ratio. And the other girl was a no show last night which brought my ratio up to 1 to 16.

Not bad 'eh?

1 comment:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Now that you've thrown that out there, I'm going to have to go out of my way to be extra entertaining.