Monday, January 18, 2010

The Prince and the Pea(s)

Here is a funny New England snow day story for you all! We have been blanketed in about 8 inches of snow between last night and this morning with more falling throughout the day. What better thing to do than tackle those projects that are always put off because there is something better to do. Well, today there was nothing better to do and the refrigerator has needed cleaning for weeks, er, um, maybe months, but shhh, don't tell anyone. It will be our little secret....

I was cleaning out the fridge of all of our leftover food from the last week and came across a Tupperware container with a few scant pieces of pineapple left, so naturally I asked Trey (the ever-hungry two year old) if he wanted a snack. He said he did and sat up to the table to enjoy a before lunch snack.

Now, Trey's outfit is important to discuss before we go any farther in this retold fairytale. This morning Trey picked out a pair of jeans and a Red Sox shirt to wear today. No problem. Perfect. Well, it was until he found his bathing suit and decided to dress himself in that OVER his clothes. This is no regular bathing suit, wait....a photo is worth a thousand words, is it not?


Not only does he have his flotation bathing suit on over his clothes, but he also put it on backwards. Gotta love good old Yankee ingenuity.

I turned my back for a few minutes. Just to finish washing out the produce drawer and when I turned around...well, let's just say that Trey made me laugh, yet again. He had completely discarded the pineapple for the Tupperware full of peas from our dinner two nights ago. He was eating them by the fistful....in his bathing suit...which was over his clothes. It was just too much.



I asked Trey what he was doing...this was the response I got:



After we finished laughing, I noticed that Trey had accidentally spilled some of his snack of peas on the floor and I asked him to pick them up. I turned around the dry the before mentioned produce drawer and when I turned back around:



Yup. He was licking them off of the floor. One at a time. Oh boy. Well, I guess it was a healthy snack!

No comments: